Friday, July 25, 2008

Documents



English

My Visa and my IDL arrived this week with a bunch of other stuff, such as my SEVIS receipt (that I don't need anymore) and letters from NDSU. This wouldn't even be enough for a post, if it wasn't for this: My IDL is terrible.

The reason I say this is pretty simple: The IDL contains basic information from me, which vehicles I'm able to drive, and so on - written in d
ifferent languages. However, the english section alone has THREE translation errors. Actually, there may be even more - I stopped reading at the third. And NO, they're not typos.

Don't believe me? Read for yourself.


I'll feel pretty bad if I ever have to show this to anyone in the USA. I felt even worse when I thought this is not a cheap document.

Português

Meu visto e minha PID chegaram hoje junto com um monte de outras coisas, tais como o comprovante da SEVIS (que eu nem preciso mais) e cartas da NDSU. Isto nem seria suficiente para uma postagem, se não fosse isso: Minha PID é terrível.

O motivo pelo qual eu digo isso é bem simples: A PID contém informações básicas sobre mim, que veículos eu posso digirir, e por aí vai - escrito em diferentes línguas. Contudo, só a seção em inglês tem TRÊS erros. Na verdade, pode até ter mais - eu parei de ler no terceiro. E NÃO, não são erros de digitação.

Não acredita? Leia você mesmo:

Eu vou me sentir bem mal se tiver que mostrar isto para alguém nos EUA. Eu me senti bem pior quando pensei que este não é um documento barato.

1 comment:

Lauro said...

além de bruxa... gorda :-)